* August weeks reduced to £450.
* Short Break - 4 nights arriving on Monday 29th July for £200.
Welcome to Merok Cottage
Merok Cottage is a two bedroom self-catering holiday cottage in the quiet village of Newsham, North Yorkshire. Set in Teesdale, between Barnard Castle and Richmond and on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, it is the ideal base for a short break or holiday.
Merok Cottage is a traditional stone built cottage with a small, sunny, walled garden at the back and a parking space outside the front. There is a cosy lounge with woodburner, a bright kitchen/diner with Rayburn and a utility room with a toilet, washing machine and tumble dryer downstairs. Upstairs there are two bedrooms and a bathroom. The cottage is well equipped - we hope to offer everything that you will need to make your stay comfortable. The countryside of Teesdale and North Yorkshire offer great walking, cycling and touring opportunities, fine tea rooms, excellent local pubs and a huge range of activities and days out at it's numerous heritage sites, museums and attractions.
Children are welcome at Merok and we provide a stairgate, high chair and travel cot for babies and toddlers. Please bring your own cot linen.
Dogs are allowed; the garden is secure with floorspace in the kitchen for a dog basket.
- Sleeps 4 adults and one infant
- Cosy lounge with woodburner
- Spacious kitchen/diner
- Wifi via Superfast Fibre Broadband
- Smart TV in lounge with Netflix and all usual players for catch-up tv
- Oil Rayburn for cooking, heating and hot water
- Fresh linen and towels
- Friday changeover
- Pretty rural views from the garden
- Pets welcome
- No smoking
- Weekly discount for 2 guests – in 'low' season
- Weeks from £200
- Breaks from £150